For many years I've enjoyed jotting down little snippets of poems, stories or sayings that I want to remember and like to re read from time to time. Here, I share some with you, and hope that you see in them the wisdom that I have found. Unfortunately, in most of the quotations, I'm unable to credit the writer. If you can help me out there, I'd love to hear from you.
- You're not what you think you are, you are what you think, you are.
- Take the reigns of responsibility firmly within your grip.
- It's not the man who knows the most who has the most to say, it's not the man who has the most who gives the most away.
- You are what you eat!
- Take each other for better or worse, but not for granted!
- Words of a trapeze artist to a learner: Throw your heart over the bar, and your body will follow.
- Only ignorant people know everything!
- The best thing a man can do for his children is to love their mother.
- Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think - Benjamin Disraeli.
- One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness … it is usually returned.
- Never try to make anyone like yourself. You know and God knows that one of you is enough!
- The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't - Henry Ward Beecher.
- An Oriental saying: Don't push the river, let it flow.
Have a great week folks. Best wishes,