This week I'd like to share some tips on customer service with you from serviceexcellence.com.au. These tips are universal in application and therefore don't solely apply to the hairdressing industry. The advice here is relevant for anyone who operates a service industry business. If you follow these tips your clients will want to keep coming back to you!
The following list gives top tips that will help you to focus on the most important elements of customer service excellence:
• Always Focus on Service before anything else
• Give the Best experience possible
• Create a unique customer experience
• Use the Customer as a marketing vehicle
• Always remember that you are Selling “WOW”
• Always improve on your service
• Always respect your customer (time and opinion)
• Measure their satisfaction and engagement
• Educate, encourage and use incentives on employees to deliver service
• Differentiate your Brand from competition
• Know your customer base (segmentation)
• Integrate your operations processes into your customer marketing strategies
• Understand that Customer Satisfaction is based on loyalty, identity, values, and relationships
• Special Interactions keep customers coming back
• Solve problems quickly and turn complainers into advocates
• Customer Service agents must have the authority to make decisions
• Listen to your customers; Change their attitudes, and fix their problems
• Measure your relationships, and refine your processes, and proactively solve and prevent the same mistakes from happening again. (Continuous improvement)
• Improve your supplier relationships, and hold them to the same standard as your customers do
• Exceed expectations and treat customers as if you would treat a guest in your own home.
• Spread the word – promote your brand promise by empowering your employees to act as ambassadors
• Hire good employees from the start; study your culture, and find the right fit
• Always remember what your corporate values and purpose are, and set mission to that goal.
• Tell the customer the truth, and love what you do
• Personalize your service to meet your customers’ needs
• Listen to Customers; Take appropriate action; keep it simple
• “The most common thing about common sense is it’s so uncommon”
• Leaders should stay involved in the business, and respect employees and customers
• 5 P’s of Customer Service Excellence – Process; Product; Presentation; Price and most importantly People!
Best wishes for a great week.